Brisbane Powerhouse offers a diverse range of interesting and fulfilling employment opportunities. If you have the commitment and passion, we encourage you to review the employment opportunities listed below and submit an application.
Brisbane Powerhouse is still evolving but has already cemented its role in the cultural life of the city and in the artistic life of the nation as well as its place among the most innovative and lively arts centres in the world. Brisbane Powerhouse aspires to enrich lives through the production and presentation of quality performing and visual arts, cementing Brisbane’s reputation as a city that values art and artists. Brisbane Powerhouse accommodates:
_a 560 seat flexible end stage theatre
_a 200 seat apron stage theatre
_a 1000 spectator open stage
_visual arts exhibition space
_2 restaurants and bars
Brisbane Powerhouse activities includes:
_ presenting international, national and local performing and visual arts
_ producing performing arts and touring those productions nationally and internationally
_ housing and supporting resident companies
_laboratory-style support for emerging and developing artists.
POSITION VACANT - PRECINCT DIRECTOR
The Precinct Director must understand the strategic and cultural objectives of the organization and manage the Precinct team to achieve those objectives. It is essential that the Precinct Director think strategically about the Precinct and be able to establish good relationships with BPH stakeholders.
The role of the Precinct Director is to:
- Further the goals of the organisation as a member of the Senior Management team
- Manage Brisbane Powerhouse buildings, precinct related services and tenants;
- Manage all aspect of the Department’s budget
- Manage Brisbane Powerhouse, Liquor Licence, WHS, Risk & Emergency procedures
- Manage any development application or other statutory requirements
- Prepare and manage the budget allocated to building maintenance
- Manage IT and communication requirements for BPH
- Manage the development of the Precinct;
- Consider and present to management any plans, proposals or ideas which may enhance the Precinct or enable additional revenue to be earned from the Precinct;
- Develop and manage the sustainability plan/charter for BPH
Download the PDF below for more information and email email@example.com before Mon 27 May 2013.
POSITION VACANT - DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Brisbane Powerhouse is seeking to appoint a Development Manager to drive and acquire predetermined levels of income, each financial year. The source of this income is to be a combination of philanthropic support from donors, trusts and foundations, grants from government and cultural bodies and sponsorship from businesses.
The position is directly focused on acquiring new income for Brisbane Powerhouse, whilst works closely with the rest of the Development Team.
Reporting to the Development Director, this position has no direct supervisions whilst will be supported indirectly by the Development Executive and Development Coordinators.
- Experience in fundraising, sponsorship and donor acquisition
- Demonstrated skills in developing proposals and writing grants for supporter relationships
- Proven success record in acquiring support from funding bodies and corporate organisations
- Experience in brokering and delivering on strategic partnerships
- Excellent presentation and negotiating abilities
- Broad knowledge and networks within the arts and culture, government, corporate/business and philanthropic sectors
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating relationships and generating rapport
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
Download the PDF below for more information and email firstname.lastname@example.org before Mon 31 May 2013.
POSITION VACANT - POWERKIDS VOLUNTEERS CALLOUT
Powerkids - Brisbane's Annual Children's Festival is a great opportunity for people who want to gain some experience in the creative arts and entertaiment sectors that work with children.
We are looking for fun and responsible volunteers, who are enthusiastic about working with children, to help facilitate the free activities, perform as meet and greet characters and as announcers, assist in the construction and installation of scenery and theming prior to the festival.
Powerkids program runs from Tue 25 June – Fri 05 July (11 consecutive days) during the 2013 June/July school holidays.
All we require from you is a current Blue Card covering this period and a passion for working with children.
Download the PDF below for more information and email email@example.com before Fri 24 May 2013.