Terms and Conditions of Sale
Tickets are sold by Ticketek Pty Ltd (ABN 92 010 129 110) (“Ticketek”) as agent for and on behalf of Brisbane Powerhouse (“the Seller”) and are subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions relate both to the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (“you”).
Variation to Terms and Conditions
Brisbane Powerhouse may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Variations to performances or events
The Seller reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
- Brisbane Powerhouse reserve the right to refuse admission. This includes and is not limited to removal or refusal of admission for the safety and comfort of others, and/or in compliance with the Queensland Liquor Licensing Law.
- Unauthorised use of camera or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- Lock-out may apply for some shows. Admission may be refused after the lock-out period commences.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of the venue and/or promoter if there is a convenient break in the performance.
- Tickets are not refundable if admission is refused.
COVID-19 specific conditions of entry
You acknowledge that the event may be scheduled to be held, or will be held, during a time at which one or more Government directions or regulations may be in force regarding the number of persons attending an event (or the holding of the event itself). If that is the case, then the number of persons permitted to be in or around the venue may be affected, resulting in Brisbane Powerhouse being required to or deciding to:
- cancel or postpone the event;
- reduce the number of persons who may attend the event;
- change your seating allocation; and/or
- change any standing or seating configurations for attendance at the event;
- in which case you may receive a refund in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
You agree to comply with all Government directions, orders and regulations relevant to attending live events, which may be in place at the time of the event.
Refunds and Exchanges Terms and Conditions
- Brisbane Powerhouse will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- If you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled event – you must request a refund by the cut-off date. If you request a refund after the cut-off date, you will not be entitled to a refund as it will be considered a change of mind.
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Ticketek nor the Seller will be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses;
- Brisbane Powerhouse does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances, change of mind or if you are required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) due to:
- being a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- having close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- living in or having been in a high-risk area within Australia; or
- having returned from overseas;
- In addition to this, Brisbane Powerhouse does not offer refunds of exchanges if you:
- are unable to travel to attend the event due to border closures or local Government area lockdowns that were not publicly known prior to the time of sale;
- have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results); or .
- are currently feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms;
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance at an event. You may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to cover for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation;
- In most cases, refunds will be automatically processed to the credit card originally used for purchase.
Resale of tickets and scalping
Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Ticketek and the Seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder of the ticket may be refused admission. Brisbane Powerhouse will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
If you cannot attend an event you hold tickets for, you can re-sell these through Ticketek Marketplace. Ticketek Marketplace is an authorised re-seller and tickets sold or purchased through this site will be accepted at our venue.
If the amount paid for the ticket/s is incorrect, the ticket/s may be cancelled and the amount paid refunded. This applies regardless of whether the error arose due to: (i) an error in a price communicated to you; or if you are able to order a ticket or a ticket for a performance that was not supposed to have been released for sale; or (ii) human error or a transactional malfunction of a Brisbane Powerhouse operated system. If a ticket has been cancelled, a replacement ticket at the correct price may be offered.